• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Exhaust Question

I agree with the guys who say leave it alone and buy a plush King Ranch if you prefer quiet. The multifuel exhaust note is one of the best exhaust notes in my opinion. Why muffle something so raspy? Actually if I could make mine louder I would. As long as you don't drive like an mullet driving a firebird/camero around a junior high school you shouldn't break any noise restriction laws with your M35. A bobbed M35 almost demands a loud exhaust note due to it's apperance. Its the same as seeing a nice Cummins pickup with a lift and mud tires only to hear the guy fire it up and hear a muffled exhaust. Aghhh!

Andy

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: muffler

FreightTrain said:
Does anyone make new side exhaust for a Turbo multifuel?Would love to have my stack about window height of a Hummer. :twisted:
I have heard that the M34/35/A1 exhaust is coincidentally at the right level for the kids in their ghetto-blasting cars...

I heard something about an incident at a traffic light where the offenders had their windows open, even with the exhaust on a Deuce (configured so). When the light changed, the deuce rolled a more than visible cloud as it took off, right through and out the other side of their car. Keep that in mind next time you pump up your bass.

goldneagle

RE: Re: RE: muffler

Here is a picture of a stainless steel setup I purchased via Dan Stiglitz Tel: 414-305-1670.

With this, you can carry on a conversation while driving down the road.
Gee Santa can i have one for XMAS? I've been good all year! :lol: [thumbzup]

JasonS

Barrman said:
You could always go find the stock under truck exhaust for the M35. Here is a rear shot of my Gasser with it. Not fully up to civvy truck window level, but close.
Do you have a source for original gas exhaust parts?

Barrman

I have a few parts. I assume this is for your Gasser. Mine are all used or at least look used.

PM ZiggyO since he has new in box NOS Gasser parts of all descriptions.

bgekky3

I put the NAPA 21470 on my deuce. Under 40 is quiet but the engine and trans noise obove 40 requires hearing protection. I am going to dynomat the floor, firewall, and hood. I am driving across the country with my wife, so the sound has to be at a reasonable level. Before I installed the muffler I cut the exhaust 90 degrees at the base of the turnout and installed a clapper (sorry no pick). It stopped about 60% of the drone at 55 MPH 2500 RPM. There was no drone in the cab until 2300 RPM. The blind spot with the muffler installed is very small from the driver's seat. To secure the muffler I welded two bolts to the muffler in the stock bracket location. It took me about 20 minutes to install the muffler.

Attachments

TommyG45

The NAPA mod was one of the first mods I did. I drove the deuce with the stock pipe for a while, but started using it a lot as my farm truck. In all honesty, I miss the sound, but I enjoy taking it down back roads under 45 mph with my ear drums intact. All in all, I am glad I did the mod. Begk, thanks for the tip on the welded bolts, thats going on this weekend, I made a home made clamp to hold it in place as I thought the muffler would be too thin to weld up. Looks like crap, it's comng off, welded bolts going on. I love this fourm !!!!

It took me about 20 minutes to do the mod also, I painted mine flat black, the paint was still a little tacky when I bolted it back up. I did use band clamps though, they are great!

Tommy

Colonel Smash

I have a non-turbo M35. The first thing I did, as with any of my old cars and trucks, is cut off the muffler. It doesn't whistle, but I can tell you that it is LOUD. I plan to keep open exhaust, but I think I may bring the pipe to the back of the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks