• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Al

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site. What generator do you have? The TM's have a few listings for some of the MEPs.

3dAngus

Welcome from Georgia, your next door neighbor.
If you don't know what generator it is, take a close up pic of the aluminum labels and put them on the air here. Someone here can tell you how to fix it with a screwdriver and monkey grease. Or, if you know the size, and take a picture as well, that would help. Put your camera in 800X600 mode so it can upload it, otherwise, if the picture is over 1000 pixels on either end, it will nto accept it as it would be considered to large. Good luck, and glad to have you aboard. Consider the Ga. Rally next year. It's a hoot, and so are the people. No MV required. Lots to learn from the masters here. I would be lost without them and this board. Great for research.

alfordjody

To be honest I have a MEP-021a and all I really want to get it running for is as a backup for if the power goes out where I'm at my family doesn't have to freeze this winter. I do relize it is a 400hz gen but I would belive that I could run my lights and heaters off of it while our power was out. I did look at the tm's that are listed but did not find one for the MEP-021A

alfordjody

Welcome from Columbus, Georgia.[thumbzup]

You are within easy artillery range so ya need to stop in and see us at the "hooch"!:jumpin::jumpin:
We just might do that sometime. Ihave other family that lives donw there in columbus and I do tend to visit them from time to time unless they make me mad.:driver:

alfordjody

I will agree with you on that I'm already in the process of looking for one. I hate the fact that I really am going to have to do something else with this genny cause it's not what I want but it was given to me by a friend and it will not serve my purpose. I might just keep it as part of my collection as I get more unless I can find another head for it.

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi

Welcome from the other side of Alabama (we got you surrounded :shock:). Wow, a friend GAVE a generator to you? I need friends to give me Military stuff! (should I post that in the classifieds?). You'll find a lot of good people here, and a lot of good information. Best wishes on the MV hunt !
Jimmy

alfordjody

:)Yea I don't know how they had the genny before I got it but they told me that they couldn't get it running off of nothing but carb cleaner or either and that it would not run off of a tank I had to use a small gas can until I'm able to take the tank off and clean it out.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZi-Oyscl_4[/media]

:grd:

DonK

Welcome son...looks like you need some help...want to trade it for a similuar size used Honda that works? For what i've read and heard, that thing need serious help!

DonK

I'll get you some or one. What do you need to see? Do you need a 240v outlet? I've got several with different configurations-5 to 10 years old...let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks