• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Central PA

wildbilly1760

Hi, I'm new here. I am trying to get into the MV hobby. Not sure what I might purchase or aquire, but I am certain that I would like to get something. I am really leaning towards a Duece. Price, availability, and usefullness, makes it seem like a reasonable choice. I am a family man, and enjoy the outdoors. I work for a coal company, and volunteer for the state forest fire crew. I am an EMT/ Firefighter and I also like to check out gun shows/MV Shows. I live about 30 minutes from State College, PA . If anyone in this neck of the woods is into collecting military vehicles, drop me an email. I would like to hear some of your stories. Thanks Bill

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. I live in State College and you are welcome to come down and check out the Deuce that I have.

I know a few other MV collectors in this area and we get together at the various Car/Vehicle shows. You are welcome to join our informal group.

PM me and we can arrange a time to meet.

Karl

OLDCHEV4X4

Welcome from S.E. Pennsylvania.
I once did a canoe trip from Karthaus to Renovo. It was fun, but a little hairry at times. I also used to go to the Snow Shoe mud races back in the 80's. Do they still have them?

Srjeeper

Welcome aboard Bill, keep your eye on the 'Upcoming Events' forum as there's plenty going on in and around the Keystone State this year. Shows, Rallies, Swapmeets are a good place to get up close and check out the different things out there for collectors.

Just remember...once bitten...there's no goin back!! :drool:

wildbilly1760

Karl, thanks for the invite. I will let you know when I'll be down in State College so I can meet up. I assume your happy with your Duece since you still have it.

Randy, I think they stopped having the Snow Shoe mud races around '94 or '95. I went there a few times when I was a junior fireman, then again one time when I was in the Army. (92'-96).
They turned 'R' rated, and they seemed to go down hill after that. That stretch of the West Branch is my favorite. We canoe it every couple of years. Also, Shawville to Karthaus, which is almost as nice, but not as far into the wilderness. We usually make Karthaus to Keating a 2 day trip, and camp out at Spruce Run. Sterling Run has a decent place to camp too.

acmunro, I come out your way several times a year. A friend and I go out to Brookville to a Muzzleloader shoot. We have a couple of Black Powder cannons we shoot, and set up a little display.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks