• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from DFW Area, TX - Bought 1st M998 HMMWV

PUCKER

Howdy y'all! Brad here from the DFW area of Texas!

It's the wife's fault, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...:LOL:

She suggested that an older vehicle without any fancy electronics to track (and oh, EMP proof) would be a good thing...as luck would have it a buddy had one for sale at his dealership...and just like magic it now sits in my garage! it's a 1988 AM General M998 HMMWV outfitted with the (as far as I can tell) original 6.2 diesel and 3 speed Turbo 400. I've got the original two piece beadlock wheels - may use them later on. Currently it has aftermarket "bro dozer" wheels with 38" tires - the wife likes the look so it's staying that way for now. It's got (mostly) black bed liner inside and out and aftermarket Jeep-style seats along with what is most likely a replacement aftermarket soft top and soft doors. It's got a few little things that it needs here and there but nothing major. It passed the Texas State Vehicle Inspection (it was owned / street titled in Arkansas by the previous owner - I hear that getting these titled the first time can be a pain in the butt) and I'm awaiting the plates. It rides like you'd expect. Handles exceptionally well for a large beast (although my wife likes to point out that her truck dwarfs the HMMWV ha! - she's got a GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Crew Cab long bed dually). I've yet to go off-roading with it but fun will defitneily be had!! Honk if you see me cruising around! Looking forward to meeting other like-minded folks!

tempImageoVz6ES.png

tempImage42p6zt.png

tempImageAr2kUR.png

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bulldogger — I’m new to SS and was wondering if you’d sell a fabric soft top slant back to me?
Sent you a message in the Conversations feature. You should be able to respond, even with a low post count, since I wrote you first. Let me know if not.
BDGR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks