• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from GA just got my first Deuce and loving every minute

voltedge

Hi,
Been looking into a Deuce for quiet some time, but finally got the right opportunity to own one. I have been researching MV's for some time and I had settled on either an M35a2 or M35a3, which are practically the same truck albeit a few nice modern upgrades. I ended up with a nice looking A2 which happened to be from a local base that was originally purchased by a nice fellow that is an avid MV enthusiast. My ride is a 1989 M35a2 that looks stunning and has low mileage. It will need some things done to bring it back to it's former military glory , but nothing that's too tough.
I was bidding on a few different trucks on the various liquidation sites, but the one that I really wanted ended up selling for over $13k! According to my understanding, you have to add a 10% buyers fee as well as local sales tax too! I would have add over $2k in shipping to get to me on top of that. No Thanks! For my first unit, I wanted a nice truck but at a budget price. A $20K piece just for someone starting out is quiet a gamble to get from an auction. That said, why in the heck are the few A3's on auction going for those ridiculous amounts, but the nice 5 tons can be had for less than $5k many times?
I hope to learn a lot and will be searching the site and asking questions. Thanks!!!:grin:

$_57B.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi,
A $20K piece just for someone starting out is quiet a gamble to get from an auction. That said, why in the heck are the few A3's on auction going for those ridiculous amounts, but the nice 5 tons can be had for less than $5k many times?
A 5 ton be huge and diesel only, A3 has electronics and special things, look up why and how the A3 came to be. Buy a titled A2 and you will not regret it. Keep reading, it is all here on SS.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and congrats. We're having a little get-together in Oct in Union Point and wanted to extend an invite to you.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, congratulations now come to the Georgia Rally in Oct at Durhamtown Plantation.

;-)

voltedge

Thanks for the invite and warm welcomes! The truck was from Warner Robins, and from what I'm told, it did serve there and in FL. I am going to get the info correct from the vin and data plates for CARNAC to check out for me to verify this. Looking forward to the October Rally!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh, I know that truck and the seller(s)! Very reputable folks.

You live in Madison? We're right over on the West side of Athens in Statham. You're welcome to come visit any time you wanna' talk M35 stuff.

The rally is EPIC-we had 131 powered military vehicles last year. It's one of the biggest events in the Country. Go look at all the fun from last year's event:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...014-SS-Georgia-Rally-Multimedia-SSGR14-thread

voltedge

Just had a chance to check the messages and Thanks to the rest of you for the warm welcomes. Looks like quiet a few more "local" folks from my general area! Just got finished going through the history of the truck through all of the paperwork that was included. It has everything starting with the clear sealed packet from AM General showing the correct 1989 production date and all of the serial numbers and options. The packet shows when the new truck was delivered then the two different base transfer assignments and each service record and what repair was performed. The final inspection sheets where it was sent to DRMO and the transfer to GL was in there too. What a nice packet that documents the life of such an amazing vehicle! One question that I am trying to answer is weather or not the truck ever had any unit identification numbers on the front and rear since it was only a true base driven unit? Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks