• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from GA / US ARMY

Truegiant

Well I joined this site after one of the retired guys that works on post told me about it. I am an active duty military soldier. 11B - Infantryman. I have done multiple combat tours and have a love for being outdoors, shooting, exploring, and keeping the wife happy!

I am mainly interested in doing research on the M1008/1009/1028 platform and gathering info on a bobbed deuce project. I appreciate the forum founders and moderators for all they do. I do more research than posting.

If anyone is down in the savannah area first beer is on me!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

beanman1

wlecome from atlanta ga here hope to see ya at the ga rally i have a 1009 so if there is anything you want to know please feel free to ask as many questions as you want

Truegiant

Greetings from a 1960's 11B!

Thanks for your service and welcome.
Sir, I thank you for your service. We would have what we have today if it wasnt for the brave of yesterday.

Welcome to the site!

We hope to meet you at the Ga Rally in October-please bring beer.....and firewood for Gimpy.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=22&day=2010-10-21&c=1
Sounds like a plan to me!

wlecome from atlanta ga here hope to see ya at the ga rally i have a 1009 so if there is anything you want to know please feel free to ask as many questions as you want
I will send you a pm and get some info from you.

Welcome - and thank you for your service to your country.
Thanks Carl. Its YOUR country too!

The more research I do the more I am ready to start finding a nice project. I just spent the last couple hours checking out one of the members on heres build thread of an RV> WOW! Talk about an awesome job and attention to detail.

I am currently going through the medical retirement process due to injuries sustained on my last deployment but hopefully can tactically acquire all the goodies I need now before then!

I look forward to posting up a build thread soon!

beanman1

if your lookin for a 1009 the is one up the road from me for 4000 has about 30k on it body is in good shape it has the typical body problems like the driverside rear window need a new seal and has some dents around it could also use a panit job runs real good but has the cold start problem like we all have had pretty easy fix if you want to drive a 1009 come up to jonesboro ga you can drive mine to see if you really want one i also have a bud that has a 1008 for 4000 also if i had the cash i would jump all over that truck

Truegiant

I definately need a truck. I haul alot of stuff around and would utilize the bed. I am working on some concept drawings for how I want to build the whole setup. Low mount ladder rack on the truck below the roof line, custom enclosed trailer for camping with a generator mount and a a/c window unit feeding back into the truck for on the trail a/c! Its going to be a long term project more than likely! I am looking for it to mainly be a low budget trail rig that I can throw the wife and dogs in and go exploring for the weekend. I slid off the trail in her 4x4 trailblazer and banged up the quarter panel real bad and now she is mad at me! haha.. Plus I will need something to tow the boat and boat toys with as well.

REGULATOR

Welcome!!

always good to have more in GA

I was just down at HAAF not too long ago...

guess I'll have to show up in OCT too now...

good luck with your MED and VA stuff, I know that's a PITA...

have some good buddies down in SAV still...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome from Columbus, Georgia Truegiant!! Was light Infantry myself for over 20 years.

Thank you for serving Sir!! Hope to meet you at the GA Rally in Oct...or sooner.

God Bless:D

airmech3839

Welcome to the site!! Hope to see you at the GA rally!! I head down that way sometimes...my dad is in Townsend.....near harris neck island...

Alredneck

Banned
Follow Me! From one Brother to the next, Welcome to the site. Im Med-Retired now after multiple tours in Iraq among other places. There is lots of info here, quite a few Grunts to. Some of us fell from airplanes, while some are just ground pounding dirty legs! You never know what you might get into, in the Infantry! Aint it great! Being a Military Advisor was a great job working with SOCOM and various Alphabet Orgs. Stay safe out there, 1st Batt is a good unit had friends out there awhile back, was at Hunter Army Airfield in 04. Also had buddies at 3rd back at Benning. Captain

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks