• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Houston

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and welcome, I'm new to the site also. Sounds like your recovery is headed in the right direction. As for equipment, looks like you have all the tools,
a credit card is the best "tool" to have. I recovered a M35A2 on Saturday, guy said he had the air leak fixd and "everything worked". Had a 45 mile trip home,
wife dropped me off and headed out for her appointments. Got the truck started, pulled it out of the lot and no brakes. Oops, the seller thought he told me that the brakes still didn't work. Cell phone (other handy tool) to towing and recovery outfit, had a RGN lowboy there in 45 minutes. Back home 2 hours later. Better safe than sorry.
JC

frioman

Scar59, sorry to hear about that ordeal. Yes...I'll be certain to have my credit card ready. I also read that many heavy duty wreckers and such won't take anything but cash?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In todays age, a debit/credit card is accepted by all the commercial folks. Maybe the one man lone operater works for cash. I don't carry that much cash any longer, and operators know this. My hauler made a phone call and I signed the reciept. It is the fastest this duece has ever gone, great fuel milage. Now round up the cash for brake repairs.
JC

frioman

I made it with my M923 to Houston. Whew...what a relief. I was very fortunate and the trip was uneventful. All gauges remained normal pressures and temps. Thanks again to all of you. My truck doesn't realize it yet, but it's going to have a great retirement.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frioman,
Congrats on making it home. I have been repairing and maintaining large equipment (aircraft, farm, and now my MVs) my whole career. Machinery does have it's own personality.
Your truck will take care of you if you take care of it. I tell all my trucks that thrie retirement will be an easy one. Keep her running to the best of your ability and she'll last forever.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks