• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Jersey

jerseyjeep2003

Hello everybody, New to the site and soon to pick up my first m35a2. I'm getting a bobbed (spring bobbed) 1970 m35 with 53" Mich's, it has dual springer seats, new air assist steering, new heater, fresh fluids and filters, soft top, non winch:sad: , original bed shortened, good glass, fresh paint, little to no rust....woohoo,:jumpin: I am so excited. Been in the Jeep scene for quite a while, but moving up a little. I believe in the "Tread lightly, and pack out what you pack in" motto. Actually, more like pack out more than you pack in, let's leave it cleaner than we started. Hope to get to know you guys well, thanx for havin me.

jerseyjeep2003

I had my Wrangler at Rausch Creek last spring and met some of the guys from the site. My son was with me, he is a vet from Iraqi Freedom campaign, we were both impressed with the people and their MV's. Probably part of the reason I am getting into the M35A2. I am looking forward to getting back to Rausch in the spring and if timing and cash are right, I'll be there when the group from here goes back. Thanx for the welcome. I don't have any pics of the Deuce YET, but here is my Wrangler some of you local guys may have seen it around or at Rausch.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the new guy from NJ aboard :grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

BTW: I was raised in Kearny, NJ but escaped via the USAF in 1975.

BEWARE: The GOID Addiction HAS NO CURE :mrgreen:
(GOID: Green Iron/Olive Drab)

Again.... W E L C O M E :!:

Hoot

Hey JerseyJeep... NICE TRUCK! I'm in Union County and although it's like 6 degrees outside right now, I'd love to check out your truck someday. I'm getting bit by this **** m35a2 bug real bad and just need to take a little tour of one to help me decide what to do. Although it's cursed by some, I like the bob with 53's (especially with the shortened factory bed) Are you gonna lift it for a little more tire clearance? Maybe when the weather warms up a bit we could meet up and let me have a look-see at that awesome rig?

jerseyjeep2003

RE: look-see

Hey JerseyJeep... NICE TRUCK! I'm in Union County and although it's like 6 degrees outside right now, I'd love to check out your truck someday. I'm getting bit by this **** m35a2 bug real bad and just need to take a little tour of one to help me decide what to do. Although it's cursed by some, I like the bob with 53's (especially with the shortened factory bed) Are you gonna lift it for a little more tire clearance? Maybe when the weather warms up a bit we could meet up and let me have a look-see at that awesome rig?
Yeah, when the weather breaks and we get a bit warmer. my next two weekends are beat anyway, but three weeks from now my schedule frees up somewhat. Maybe we could get together after that, IF the global warming ever kicks in...lol. I got bit by the deuce bug about a year ago, and until recently the wife always had said no deuces in the driveway, but, she finally went along with it. So I started looking, I like em all, but, the newer style with the super single set up caught my eye. I really liked the look and they seem like they would do well with the more aggressive style single tires. THEN I saw a bobbed one in the next town over from me, that was the style I wanted. It didn't take long to find one even they seem to sell as fast as they are posted. But I found one and jumped on it....and let the addiction begin.

jerseyjeep2003

Thanx Dave, I'll never need any parts...hahaha, yeah right. I'm certain that I will be seeing you guys sometime in the near future. I have never owned or worked on anything diesel before, so I really have this giant learning curve right now. I can drive it OK, but working on it is almost intimidating, but I am sure gonna give it a try. I am glad that I such a resource as Eastern this close to me.

Hoot

Vinnie, maybe me you and hoot can get together when the weather is a little more cooperative. I just don't like freezing my b***s off anymore. We can try for like 3 weekends from now if you both want.
Thanks for your eager response, but I don't think it's going to be much warmer 3 weeks from now. I was thinking more like 3 months from now. I really want to be able to stand outside for more than 10 minutes without having to pee. :oops: