• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Texas

Blue Ghost

Bruce here, or Blue Ghost. I live in N. Tx with my wife on our 10 ac., south of D/FW. I've been a fan of military vehicles for some time, and I now have the "fever". I just last Thursday, picked up my first buy, a M105A3 trailer from GL, down from Ft. Hood. It's in pretty good shape, got it with the bows and tarp. Don't know exactly what i'm going to do with it yet, maybe camp trailer, but i've been looking at a M35 next, have my eye on a M109A4.
Master Plumber by trade, and unfortunately, I have not served in the military (hope ya'll don't hold it against me) like my dad (Navy), and 2 older brothers, oldest actually in the "Blue Ghosts" , I believe 1st Air Cav, F Troop. That's where my avatar is from. He gave me the patch when he came home from Nam the 1st or 2nd time, with a picture that was painted by one of the guys in his platoon. He was a WO, then a Captain after his 2 terms in.
I'm hoping to learn all can, and from what i've seen so far, ya'll know your stuff! Thanks for having me.

DeucesWild11

Welcome!! I am a newbie too and just have my deuce for a few weeks now but already have done a ton of stuff to it. This site is a wealth of info.. Check out the Tech Manuals, some good reading before you buy. Get's you familiar with the truck ahead of tim :beer:

Darwin T

Welcome from South East Texas.
if you are saving Green Iron from the scrap yard you are welcome here. :beer: there is alot of great people and great intel here. good luck on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks