• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from the Mountains/Piedmont of N.C

Howdy y'all,

Been skulking around the forums for a bit over the last week and figured I'd sign up and pop in to say Hello. I'm a 20 year old young 'un who's studying Computer Science at a college out near Franklin/Sylva N.C (45 Mins West of Asheville out in rural Appalachia). During the Summer I work in Raleigh, N.C.

I was first introduced to Deuces when my Pastor took me out to camp we own and showed me the Deuce that the Church uses around camp. I then got more interested in Deuces and 5 tons when researching dependable vehicles for my future hobby farm. As such I necessarily had to get interested in working on engines and learning my way around them :wink:.

I currently know absolutely nothing about engines except that they make a vehicle go "vroom" so I've got lots of studying to do :D!

--Rachki

dmetalmiki

Welcom to the hobbie and freindships. Good luck in getting your own first truck. (or two..or..three!)..Over here you can buy the vehicles, but 20 year olds can't drive them. Untill very recently I approached a new broker with the support of various military clubs, and and now we have a broker that has negotiated with the underwriters and 17 to 30 year olds can now drive (accomanied or in convoy) but better than nothing, and so now hopefully new blood will come into the hobbie. It is good to see more young ones "on the field". For years I ran trucks with these endorsments..and resulted in the picture below, and the new nogotiations with the brokers.

Attachments

Dave M38A1

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian. I also live near Raleigh and I'm very familiar with the Franklin, Sylvia area as well.
Lots of summers spent in Cashiers, Cullowhee, Sylvia, and Franklin area. Lot's of good information and help to be found here.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks