• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie from western pa

Oelineman04

i recently purchased an 86' chevy k30cucv, 6.2l diesel. all has been well with it until tonight. i ran out to the local gun shop and came back. truck sat for about an hour and i went out to take the truck to the shop to have a hitch put on. truck would crank but would not turn over. after talking to a few ppl i pulled the fuel filter on the firewall and found it was only 3/4 full. removed line coming from mechanical fuel pump, tried to start truck and no fuel came out of line. i noticed another fuel filter (inline) just before the pump. i figure either the inline filter or the pump is bad. my question is: did all of these trucks have two fuel filters or was one of these an add on. if the inline filter was added on can i cut that one out completely and just have the one on the firewall? any help on this would be appreciated. i did look at the cucv tm and could not find anything.
thanks
marcus

acmunro

Marcus,
That is not a extra filter. That is a electric fuel pump the previous owner installed (previous before me). There is a relay by the battery for it. Possibly the relay went bad or something in the wiring to it. If you need help give me a call.

Allen

Oelineman04

Hey Allen
thanks again for all your help. I think the truck runs better now than it did before. It seems much more responsive when I hit the accelerator.
Marcus

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks