• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbie from western pa

Oelineman04

i recently purchased an 86' chevy k30cucv, 6.2l diesel. all has been well with it until tonight. i ran out to the local gun shop and came back. truck sat for about an hour and i went out to take the truck to the shop to have a hitch put on. truck would crank but would not turn over. after talking to a few ppl i pulled the fuel filter on the firewall and found it was only 3/4 full. removed line coming from mechanical fuel pump, tried to start truck and no fuel came out of line. i noticed another fuel filter (inline) just before the pump. i figure either the inline filter or the pump is bad. my question is: did all of these trucks have two fuel filters or was one of these an add on. if the inline filter was added on can i cut that one out completely and just have the one on the firewall? any help on this would be appreciated. i did look at the cucv tm and could not find anything.
thanks
marcus

acmunro

Marcus,
That is not a extra filter. That is a electric fuel pump the previous owner installed (previous before me). There is a relay by the battery for it. Possibly the relay went bad or something in the wiring to it. If you need help give me a call.

Allen

Oelineman04

Hey Allen
thanks again for all your help. I think the truck runs better now than it did before. It seems much more responsive when I hit the accelerator.
Marcus