• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie. Generator Questions

NormB

Quick question about the hose, PN 12338591-1. I've also seen this listed as just 12338591.

What is the difference?

I went to several parts sites and entered first one, then the other, some sites found one, not the other.

Hummerpartsguy links BOTH parts to the same one (NSN).

?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

Norm

Wire Fox

Quick question about the hose, PN 12338591-1. I've also seen this listed as just 12338591.

What is the difference?

I went to several parts sites and entered first one, then the other, some sites found one, not the other.

Hummerpartsguy links BOTH parts to the same one (NSN).

?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

Norm
Regular one has two female fittings and would directly connect to the fitting on the fan clutch. The -1 is a hair shorter, and has one male fitting that threads into the QD fitting. I picked up both parts on ebay. Hose was $10, QD was $16.

EDIT: Looks like I'm full of it. Part target links both PN together...I'd just buy the -1 to be safe, but they're theoretically the same. It must be a different PN that has two female couplers.

EDIT AGAIN: I'm not so full of it... I got back to a computer and hit the parts TM. It agrees with what I said in the first place. See attached for part #18. The parts manual is also crap here. For the different parts, it doesn't have the use-on codes completely populated, plus part 23 (the adapter fitting on the fan clutch) has bad notes for one of the parts...both of them say to use them with Hose PN 12338591...one of them should be for the -1. Just so you have it, one fitting is 2-2 130137 B (4730 00 378 3721) and the other is 248x4 (4730 00 900 3296). Godspeed on figuring out which one is correct, though I think the correct one is 2-2 130137 B. This page has a lot of part numbers to cross-reference through, which shows it's a 1/8 male NPT straight adapter.
http://www.parttarget.com/4730-00-2...01.html/-455EE226-4CF6-4A61-BC49-9C06860B0C6F

Attachments

Last edited:

NormB

That's what I was going on about.

Interesting that I've visited about a dozen sites and only found TWO that stock the HOSE (it's not to be found on eriks, easternsurplus, others) including Kascar and macmotors at $36 and $29 respectively.

I have it on good authority by a vendor here (and on the evil auction site) the dash one part is the part with the QD threaded end and is shorter to make up for the fitting lengths.

Yeah, the dash one is available on epay but I had a run-in with the seller over getting refunds for returned parts, had to get epay management involved and he's blocked me from buying.

I'll use the NSNs you provided and go once more around the parts sites and see what comes up. [edit: what comes up are the fittings, 1/8" nipple, barbed end fitting and QD fitting].

Still looking for a less expensive source for the right hose.

Thanks.

Norm

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks