• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie have a Question to Govplanet

UncleJulian

Hello Guy's !

First... this is a really nice Cool Forum here, i liked....

I am 36 year old, and my dream is for long time a Military Humvee H1 :) A friend tell me, it is possible a Military Humvee at Govplanet to buying ( bid ). My big Question is now, is that really true and so easy ??? ? Why my Question, i am privat Cumsumer, and think this is what for Dealer or ? For me is this new "Land" and need please help.

Thanks a lot and
stay healthy

Uncle Julian

MTVR

Okay, I'll try to help in English, as I only know a few words of German from our travels in Europe. If we have any German-speaking members here, that may work better.

You can use GovPlanet without being a dealer.

It is easy to sign up and bid. Keep in mind that you'll also be paying a 10% sales fee, state sales tax, and a small amount for whatever sales documentation you desire.

The term "H1" is the name of the civilian version of the military HMMWV- GovPlanet does not sell the H1, but they do sell the HMMWV. I've driven both- the HMMWV is MUCH cruder, mostly in terms of interior finishing.

You may want to consult with members experienced in titling and registering the HMMWV for use on public roads- there can be some challenges to that, and those challenges may have a lot to do with what state you are in.

Also, it can take quite a while to process the paperwork before you can actually take delivery of the vehicle. Are you a U.S. citizen?

I hope that helps.

UncleJulian

Don't worry understand everythink what you mean :) and thanks so much for the answer, she is helpful and good !

I search a Humvee in military HMMWV version... :)

No Sir, i am half and half....living in Europe and Visit ever for long time my second home Texas.

To Govplanet: get the message, your phone has been verfield. OK ! One page says I'm ok to bid, but this one say get bid privilege. so I'm confused, but no, i do not have businees o_O or what is that ?