• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Help

banditt1979

I don't think military-grade batteries are necessary. I know they're popular among the crowd, but running the truck on two 12-volt car batteries with the highest CCA you can afford are a good less-expensive option. That's how I've been running my truck anyway :) It helps to have battery maintainers on them too!

@Brbrooks83 any pictures of the truck?
Agreed. I bought two marine batteries at $80 and $100 each, same exact model but price changed when I got the second one. The big box stores have them as well a s rural king. Worked great on my truck that ha dnt ran in 8 years

ToddJK

I'd offer the guy half but no more than 3k for it. If it's not running and can start on it's own and the owner hasn't had it started since he's owned it for whatever reason, the guy knows how to replace batteries or at the least use a battery charger. Sounds like to me he is hiding something so if something is bad like a bad bearing or what have you, he can claim he had plausible deniability and you bought it as is. If he wants the 5k for it, I'd tell him to get it running. Otherwise there have been a lot of other 2.5 tons for sale in that price range that run and drive, even if it's an hour or two away, it's worth it for a solid truck vs gambling and we all know it's the house who more times than not that wins the gamble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks