• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie in WilCO

TexasJRabbit

Howdy. My name is George. Cynthia and I live in Cedar Park. We are retired. I haven't turned a wrench in a very long time, but I make some serious saw dust now and then.

there's nothing OD in the driveway yet. we are saving our pocket change for a camper conversion (probably a m934) with a support trailer (probably a m1061).

appears that there is a lot of cammo in the area. we would like to meet our new "neighbors." maybe y'all could give us some tips on handling the city and a "neighbor that nobody wants."

kudos on the site. the Texas MV law series is AWESOME. your individual projects are inspirational. the TM's are VERY helpful.

the only problem I see at this point is room in the driveway. things are never that simple. so, if y'all know where the snake pits are, be sure to holler.

thanks

trooper632

Welcome George, I come up to cedar park every once in a while and use the pool when we are training new divers, good luck on the hunting.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard, George. My location says Austin, but my place is actually in the boonies near Liberty Hill (which few have ever heard of, but most know where Austin is).

As Warthog mentioned, we have a very active local club, Lonestar MVPA. Meets in the museum on Camp Mabry on the third wednesday each month at 7pm.
Several of us "northside" folk usually make the Leander car show on the first sunday of each month.

Come on out and introduce yourself, you don't have to have a vehicle to participate in events, we almost always have extra seats.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
George, Jason (above post) is probably who your buddy was thinking of, he is up on Hwy 183 a few miles north of Seward Junction, right on the side of the highway. A great guy, and well worth meeting. My place is off the beaten track, and few actually know where. ( :) )

Danny will hook you up with the club, looking forward to meeting you.
You are welcome to come out and peruse my OD madness. My neighbour has just as much, if not more, stuff as I do!

Cheers