• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie just got deuced!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attaway, DEVILDOC, the things you can accessorize with include a gaggle of trailers, Spare part trucks, more vehicles that are larger and smaller than the deuce, and of course, more deuces.

You are one sick individual!!! Welcome aboard!

Rick

Congrats on the aquisition DEVILDOC! Nice lookin truck! The winch is a little like a condom in your wallet, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!
Don't forget to download the "You and your M35A2" operator's manual and give a read. Lotsa good info there! Have fun and enjoy the green disease, since there's no cure!
:driver:

DEVILDOC

it has the LDS 5ton engine ,one hole injectors,timing turned up a little and a bigger turbo. I drove 75 miles on the test drive . I asked the seller where can I drive it he said &^*(^*^^&^%^ drive it as far as you want it is full with fuel... I said ok so drove her 75miles +/-. Question what about running it on other fuel( oil,tranmission,cooking oil ect... just wonder. Meet with the Brass with Robin Sage to haul Troops while they are up here on training ...can not wait ..........:):)

Hughdini

Other Fuels

DEVILDOC - Got my deuce 2 weeks ago - drove her 120 miles home and promptly filled with WMO/WATF. Filter it good and make sure there's no water and you're good. It'll smoke more at idle and running - can't get any slower, so I can't tell how power is affected.

Attachments

91W350

I think locking hubs are next for me, maybe even a set for the middle axle as well.... Nice truck, I love mine! Need a nice M105 trailer? Sit back, it never ends.... they told me a deuce was going to be expensive, the deuce was cheap, all the following paraphernalia is getting expensive though..... Glen

Last edited:
DEVILDOC, I don't know if my results are common or not, but I put some WMO and new ATF in my tank along with a couple quarts of 2-stroke oil and some clear lamp oil and actually noticed an increase in bottom end torque over straight pump diesel. According to what I read from another SS member, ATF actually stores more BTU energy than diesel #2. Gotta love being out from under the thumb of the oil companies! :mrgreen:
:driver:

joshs1ofakindxj

My first mods were car seats, a second deuce fuel tank where the spare tire was, a muffler, coolant filter, adding the 90 degree bend 4" exhaust pipe to the intake so it faces down like a snorkel, EGT digital pyrometer, boost gauge, back-up lights, and changing all the fluids!

Second round in process is A3 electric wipers, a 12v system for a radio and CB, and a bed crane.

Maybe ramps for the bed after that and spin on oil filters.

Also, invest in some waste oil refining equipment so you can start running waste oil safely. My home made fuel costs me about $1.25 a gallon when it goes it the tank and that covers all my equipment and pump fuel to cut it with.

If you're driving a turbo truck and the fuel supply has been turned up, I would advise adding a pyrometer to watch those EGTs and make sure you don't melt anything.

Last edited:

DEVILDOC

WMO/WATF ???? is the wasted motor oil......and wasted atf ?

just pour WMO after filtered in tank... or 50/50 mix ?

what car seats did you install in it

joshs1ofakindxj

WMO = waste motor oil
WVO = waste veggie oil/cooking oil
WATF = what a terrific fluid (waste ATF)

Yes, ATF seems to give the truck a little more pep and cleans out the fuel lines.

Some people find when you first switch to running waste oils you will need to change your fuel filters. I carry spare filters in the truck with me and I have installed fuel pressure gauges to monitor the health of the primary and 2 secondary fuel filters.

Depending on your climate, most people agree to run 50/50 when it's colder and 100% to 80% WMO when it's summer.

You already know you should filter the oil before pouring it in the tank, but if you don't know your oil is without water or coolant mixed in, you need to consider de-watering. I started out letting my oils sit for a month or more and water naturally goes to the bottom, so you pull oil off the top of it or drain water out of the bottom of your container. Now I'm making a oil heater which will heat oil to 220F to separate or boil out water and heat it to flow through my pre-tank filters. I also use a water blocking fuel filter when filling the tank.

For moving oil around I use a chevy motor oil pump with some small modifications driven by a hand drill. Very cheap and very effective.

I used seats from a Nissan Maxima. I had to make brackets and everything. I use what I have laying around. I put some camo seat covers on and they look military enough for me.