• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie--M929 out of New Castle

rotorjunkie

Hi Everyone, David here from MD. Just won this truck out of New Castle, DE. I am new to the 5 ton series...had and old M35A1 years ago. I would appreciate any advice on recovery from New Castle and any other pointers about 5 tons in general or the M929.

Attachments

DieselBob

Welcome to the addiction. I can't help much on the info, never had a 5T or picked up from De. There should be a few fellas chime in that have. Good Luck. Nice looking truck.

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New Castle Recovery

Welcome David.
Angel is the manager he and the women in the office are very plesant and helpfull. Call them with any questions. The sight is in the shadow of the Deleware Bridge.Your only concern will be the mechanicals. Are you planing to flatbed the truck or drive it off?

Check out my recovery there.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-...astle-del-every-dramatic-detail-included.html

I will PM you my number call me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking Truck David congrats on the purchase! I am sure this is covered in prior posts but pretty much the normal stuff to go over before getting on the road. Bring batteries you need to bring only 2 good ones to get the truck running. Check the brakes out to make sure they function correctly, then check all the fluids, radiator, differentials, transfer case, trans, and engine, top off what needs to be then fire her up, go slow for a while 1400x20 tires develop some pretty impressive flat spots from sitting, give them time to be round again. Good luck with your recovery, your going to like the 939 series a LOT! Keep us posted!
KK

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Nice truck,I was bidding on that one,Got outbid a couple of times so I bought another one.Delaware site is a breeze.I have 2 trucks to pick up there next week.Good luck.

Bolkbich

Congrats on the new dumper. Your gonna love it. Before you drive it much, check and make sure its not locked in 6x6. 5 out of 9 trucks i bought had the air lines to the transfer case goofed up.

Wagsgr8

I just did a pick up of a 923 from New Castle 3 weeks ago. It was a breeze. Just bring your paid invoice with you and that is it on the office side. Then on to checking out your rig. Mine was in great condition so I opted to drive it away - to MAINE. Right out of the gate I had an trailer air hookup leaking. Because I did not have the right replacement parts with me I removed the coupler and put a cap on it to get me by. If you are driving far like I did be prepared for a bouncy ride. Don't get me wrong, it drives great, but when you hit a real bump it will bounce for a ways. My trailing vehicle told me he saw daylight under all tires on one good bump on the George Washington into NY.

Last edited:

rotorjunkie

Thank you everyone for the advice an support! I picked up the M929 today and drove her home to Frederick! All the fluids looked great, fresh batteries already installed and all the tires held air. I brought a bunch of extra fluids, batteries, lots and lots of tools...all still sitting in my pickup. No problems other than a sticky fuel gauge! All the temps were great, and I ran about 54mph all the way home. Thanks again everyone!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the addiction!

I love my cargo trucks, but am really needing a dump truck lately.
That one looks good. Congrats!

Tires are only rated to 55

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks