• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie...need help with bows and tarp..

usaforce

I just got a M923A1 from Jeff City.....2010 rebuild and is nearly 100% new condition. The 260 mile drive home was painful (I am 6'7") but a pure joy! I got a set of bows and tarp that wasn't installed, laying in the bed. I went to put the bows in their slots and noticed different depths of the bow pockets. I see that two of the side pockets have a latch that allows the bows to seat deeper when pulled out. My question is.....is the tarp adjustable at two heights or just set at the low height. If you can raise the tarp up......how do you secure the bows higher in the slots that don't have the extra latch? Any help greatly appreciated..

usaforce

Bows and Tarp.....

Yes I read the TM and it just states that some bows are secured with bolts and nuts. I don't know which position the bows need to be (which depth) or if one can use both heights. I didn't see bolt holes to secure the bows at the taller height in some of the sockets. Thanks.

Last edited: