• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie, picking up my first deuce this Sat! Could use some pointers

hwcurtice

So now that you have it home, we need more details on this truck.

Standard kind of stuff.

Engine
Model
Plans, other than monster tires.

Silly things only 'Green' obsessed people care about.

amaverick88

agree witht he plans for the beast. it may be just me looking at it but with the monster xzls on it would that tear apart the fenders once it articulates? or is there still enough clearance for it?

samsimpson

I drove it over rough terrain and turned full turn right and left while driving and the tires never touched the fenders. Looked close though. I will probably trim the lower part of the backside, make it flush with the step. That was really the closest area of contact.

It is a 66. There are some issues that I wll fix. Once I get all of the leaks and issues fixed, will paint it. Thinking flat black or OD green, just not sure yet. BTW, what is a good way to get off the multiple levels of paint? Well make it more smooth anyway.

I want to get a M105 trailer and swap the beds, the one on it is pretty rusty and I don't really want to deal with fixing the rust.

Need a new pass side mirror so will probably order up new ones, but I would like door mounted mirrors compared to the door/body mounted ones that are on it.

Would love to find a trashed out body and do a crew cab conversion. I need more room for the family in it :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
[QUOTEFuel guage doesn't work correctly, was jumping all over the place ][/QUOTE]

The only thing that lies more consistantly than a career politician is a deuce fuel guage.

Get a paint stirring stick.....mark FULL, HALF FULL and WALK on it and keep it in the cab.

Anytime you let a deuce get below 1/4 of a tank you are asking for a walk to a fuel stop.

Ask me how I know.:roll::roll:

samsimpson

Fuel guage doesn't work correctly, was jumping all over the place

The only thing that lies more consistantly than a career politician is a deuce fuel guage.

Get a paint stirring stick.....mark FULL, HALF FULL and WALK on it and keep it in the cab.

Anytime you let a deuce get below 1/4 of a tank you are asking for a walk to a fuel stop.

Ask me how I know.:roll::roll:
Are the sending units that bad? I could probably hack up an old school dodge sending unit and use that