• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie questions

zombiekiller

I've wanted a m35a2 for as far back as I can remember and now am on the hunt but I've got a few questions for those who know way more than I do about these beasts.
#1. I'll be parking it behind my house and will have to go up a 15% grade in my yard to get to the road. Will a stock Deuce be digging into my yard of East Tennessee red clay/rock or will the extra tires keep that from happening?
#2. What is a decent miles to look for? Most seem to be around 30k but a few have been 20ish and a few have been 50ish. If both sound/start fine would the extra 20-30k on a truck better equipped be that big of a deal or is there a limit to avoid?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and good luck in your hunt.

15%? I doubt whether the truck will notice.

Mileage don't mean anything since the hour meters and odometers get changed and there is no way to know for sure.

Learn how to use the search function on this site.

:)

PorkChopExpress

The biggest problems i see with most of those trucks is how long they have been sitting inactive.
10,20,30,40,50. This doesnt seem like much to me on a diesel engine.
Id be more worried about a good inspection. Like pinion seals and backing plates for brake leaks rust etc.
About tearing up you yard well id say yes some, if you have to turn hehe.:-o Thanks and take care.

jbsapp

The front singles will sink because most of the weight is on them when your truck is empty. Happy hunting.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll climb the grade no problem but I don't know how well your yard will fair if it's wet.

As others have said, pay no attention to the miles or hours. There's a good chance they don't represent actual miles or hours. Just go by the condition of the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks