• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie... sorta.

SLT Kota

Just thought I would say hello,

My name is Stuart and I am a recent college grad from Chattanooga, TN. I recently re-stumbled upon this site in my search for a M101a trailer. I had forgotten about registering at sometime in the past so I guess I'm not entirely "new". I've never owned a MV but have been drooling over them for years and have always wanted a deuce since the roofer parked a $800 surplus dump truck in my driveway to haul off old shingles when i was in 11.

I WAS just looking for m101 to haul rock, but thanks to this site I keep finding myself on GL looking at 2.5 and 5 tons... Gee thanks! lol

Next thing you know I'll be making a last minute trip to the GA rally 4 hours away to go hang out with a bunch on guys I've never met. I guess I better stop typing before I start making reservations at the campsite.

Stuart

DEUCE1209

Welcome to the nut house! I started off just wanting an M101. I got it, along with the green fever. Now I have the M101 along with 3 other green trucks. When you start collecting the green machines, the general public may think you're nuts but we'll have your back here on SS. [thumbzup]

SLT Kota

Thanks for the welcome! What the heck, it is just an expensive hobby, might as well add one more to the list.

Now I'm thinking the garage door on my dream shop might need to grow a bit... But for now, I must only look for a M101 to haul rock, then buy a truck.

I went to look at a few about a half hour from me but the guy wanted 700 for the only decent one because it was an a2 with surge brakes (which doesn't matter to me, I'm only looking to go 5 miles once a month).

I was planning to find one only nice enough to trust to hold the weight and nothing more but now I'm dreaming of sand blasting and OD paint fumes, I'm worried I'll end up restoring one to the point I won't want to use it and end up having to get another one for the rock...

Is this as addictive as it seems so far? My landlord is going to kill me.

Thanks again,
Stuart

Last edited: