• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie winch Qs

MAZ537

Hello to all,

Looks like my destiny simply dont want to let me rebuild my winch :sad:
I have all the parts stored at a friends shop but today we both realize that the worm gear housing has been scrapped by mistake...
Find one here is more than impossible...
Does anyone know the thickness of the gaskets that we use to set bearing preload at these winches ? Also the procedure is not described in TM says use the ammount of gaskets you have remove...What happen if these get lost ???

Thank you,
G.

MAZ537

Winch uses ball bearings, there is no preload to set.
Thank you for the info...Altough I am now more confused as very winch has different number of gaskets installed from 1 to 3 to each side...For what reason they assemble them this way ???

tobyS

Since you are on the deuce forum, it must be a mechanical, not hydraulic drive? Some pictures would help.

tobyS

Winch uses ball bearings, there is no preload to set.

Are you sure the worm driveshaft does not have a taper bearing? My boomtruck rotator had a taper to take the lateral load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks