• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie with several Steel Soldiers!

Renn Meister

I've been hooked on German MVs since 2006, but my love for them goes back to my childhood.. As a id I loved (and still do) aircooled VWs, so when a local guy brought me a Pinzgauer to work on years ago I had to have one...

I bought my first Pinz in 2006 needing a valve job... Before I was done I had developed my own EFI system for it... Sold that one in 2008, and quickly got another... Then I became hooked on the rush of seeking out European MVs in their home countries, and working through the export, and import process into the states. I became so hooked on this that it ended up being a bigger hobby than my Porsche collection... I am a professional engine & component developer, and builder in the Porsche Industry, so I needed another vehicle related hobby that wasn't "work"... And I have had a ton of fun doing it! Some of the most challenging "picks" so far have come from the eastern block countries, but there's some great vehicles there if you know where to look...

That said, I'll share with you my current fleet in some pics here.. It'll take a couple of posts to get them all..

Basically here's the list
1962 Swiss Unimog 404
1963 DKW Munga (Bundeswehr)
1972 VW Kubel (Dutch Military)
1979 VW Iltis (Bundeswehr)
1990 VW Doka (Bundeswehr)
1991 VW Doka Syncro (German Forestry)
1991 MB 250 GD Wolf (Dutch Military)
1992 MB 300GE (Dutch Military executive model)

Honorable Mention:
1990 VW Golf Mk2 Country Synchro "all-round" version (one of 160 built.

Plan to add a Volvo C303 and Pinzgauer 712K soon!

I also have a US Military 5 ton, and LMTV (I have the LMTV traded away soon)

Attachments

Renn Meister

Really cool German engineering. Welcome from Kentucky
Thanks!

Area 139 is an undisclosed location in the southeast USA... Far away from most people and problems!

My DKW Munga is not pictured, since it's still on the water and has yet to land in the USA. Soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TehTDK

Such nice and lovely vehicles. I am a fan GDs myself and have driven a couple of the danish ones :D. I take it the picture you posted was of the 300GE or?

Sharky1528

Oh... and the 1990 VW Golf Mk2 Country Synchro "all-round" version (one of 160 built.) Has to be a keeper !!! Don't ever sell that it's off
the hook cool !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks