• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1bonehead

So, I am way excited. I just made a deal on a m35 with a radio van body on it. i can't wait.
I want to go ahead and get singles on it. 46"michelin tires and work the inside os it can be used to camp in. I ride dual sport motorcycle so I will probably look into figurig out some sort of trailer for it.

I would love a winch also.

I will submit pics once I get it Tuesday.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Question, do I want run flats in MRAP wheels or just tubes?
Pretty sure they are a tubeless design. The run flat is a nice safety feature, but they add a lot of weight to the assembly. If you get the rim/tire combo, they should come already balanced.

If your truck is an M109 or M185, you should be able to mount a hoist on top the box and lift the bikes into the back.

1bonehead

So, I contacted a guy in pa and am go in g to buy tires and I know of another guy with wheels then I just need to assemble the wheels and tires. Then get my hubs flipped and add plate conversions. Then i am ready to roll on 46s.
I am so pumped!!!!!

Jeepsinker

It is a good idea to pack the hubs and inspect/ repair the brake system before you throw bigass tires on there, especially on a truck you don't know the maintenance history on. The brake systems on these trucks are extremely dangerous if not kept in top shape. You don't want to kill or maim yourself or anyone else. Welcome to the board.

1bonehead

It is a good idea to pack the hubs and inspect/ repair the brake system before you throw bigass tires on there, especially on a truck you don't know the maintenance history on. The brake systems on these trucks are extremely dangerous if not kept in top shape. You don't want to kill or maim yourself or anyone else. Welcome to the board.
Thanks for the heads up. Death is not a modification I am looking for in any way. I am going to flip the hubs so at that time I will be looking at the brakes also.

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the hobby. Take (very) good care if you assemble the tires and wheels yourself As mentioned before, a hoist is more than useful for your application. Pictures and more detail anticipated. good luck.

TsgtB

Flipping hubs is FUN, pressing out the studs and then back in again... getting them adapter plates torqued on good and rolling them big ol' tires around.... it makes for a LONG day (or 2) if you do it by yourself.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the Deuce! What type of communications box were you referring to that came with the truck? If its an S-280 and its not been well cared for the roof is going to leak, if thats the case PM me I have the correct way to seal it for good! If your going to run 46" tires on your Deuce, I sure hope you dont live in a very hilly region of the country, you are going to learn to hate hills after two of them, climbing hills on the highway in 2nd gear is going to get old very quickly! Good luck and remember the great mighty old Deuce still only has 134 HP, dont expect miracles!
Karl