• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tudorp

Hi guys.. Been wanting a old Power Wagon for some time. But, just recently picked this up. It is a 1976 M882. Other than the crappy paint job, this thing is really clean and straight. It is virtually rust free. Under the schitty paint, is the original OD green, then a layer of red. I am pretty sure it served with a fire department after it left the military. I plan to strip it down, and repaint it back to military. I served in the Air Force during that same time, so want to paint it in the Air Force strata blue with yellow stencil. This one I think was Army, but we did have a butt load of these when I was in the Air Force.
3.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi guys.. Been wanting a old Power Wagon for some time. But, just recently picked this up. It is a 1976 M882. Other than the crappy paint job, this thing is really clean and straight. It is virtually rust free. Under the schitty paint, is the original OD green, then a layer of red. I am pretty sure it served with a fire department after it left the military. I plan to strip it down, and repaint it back to military. I served in the Air Force during that same time, so want to paint it in the Air Force strata blue with yellow stencil. This one I think was Army, but we did have a butt load of these when I was in the Air Force.
View attachment 870972
Well then we need to Welcome you and your New-To-You truck to the Outfit! She does look pretty straight and a little sanding and painting should be easy enough? I spy a tiller in the back, so there may be more than trucks to occupy your spare time. Don't hesitate to change the title of your thread so it can show your progress as you work on the vehicle.

Maybe snap up a few more pictures. Under the hood, inside, maybe even under the truck too. We are Picture Hounds for sure!

Again, welcome to the group!

Tudorp

Fair enough. I am just now learning about the truck. I knew right off that it was upgraded to a 4 barrel hence the new intake and carb. But, also just realized it has Magnum heads which is cool. Here are a couple more pictures. I love how clean the undercarriage is on an old truck. 10.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks