• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello fellow Duece Gearheads,

I just wanted to introduce myself and my future project that's supposed to be on it's way to Texas in the next week or so.

I'm Jeff Abbott and I work for Perfect Performance Products. I recently purchased a 1970 M35A2 and plan on turning it up and installing one of my Water/Methanol Injection Kits to see how she performs. I am very interested in any other performance mods any of you have had success with or even the ones that didnt' work, so I might avoid engine breakage.

Anyway, this forum is very cool and I can't wait to hear from ya'll

Cheers,

OneCool70Duece

airmech3839

there are several threads on the three types that are out there...there are some kits out there. most are about 1k in cost of parts and materials. None of the 60's and 70's models ever came with it...that I know of... the newer M35A3's do though. Some have taken 5 ton stuff and made it work...like I said search power steering in the deuce section or in the hotrodiing deuce section. I am sure you will find loads of info.... I am waiting to do mine when I hit the lotto! lol

Tracy

Scarecrow1

Hello and welcome , I'm sure you will fit right in here with a great bunch of guys . Nice to meet you and keep us posted with lots of pictures lol

Blacksmoke

Welcome Jeff. You may want to search or post in the Deuce Mods & Hot Rodding forum. These engines do have some limitations. Mine's turned up just a little, but I'm more interested in keeping it together than breaking any speed records.

It's definintely a disease; better then most though

Thanks gentlemen, I can't wait for her to show up. Told my girlfriend that we're going to go look at christmas lights this year in it. She tried to tell me I was going to put pink camo on the seats. I said, BS.

Anyway, I'm really looking for some specific differences between the 5 ton engine and the 2.5 like I've bought. I don't really care about speeding so much as just being able to drive the speed limit. 70mph here in Texas on most major roads.

I do have a question for ya'll; Is there any electrical assessories you would like to see available for these. Do any of these things ever need to be rewired b/c the wiring is so old? I was toying with the idea of designing a new replacement harness for them.

Cheers,

Jeff

jdmcgowen

If you are planning on turning up the engine to get your truck up to 70mph, Be careful. It will probably explode! Bigger tires, higher gear sets in the axles maybe. From what I've learned these engines don't like to go over 2600 RPM. Course you could always give her a whirl and take pics or even better video it for us. :p Then you could repower with a cummins 5.9L. Good luck, Can't wait to see your progress.:twisted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that in the future mine will recieve a 5.9L Cummins. We currently build a transplant harness for those engines between the years of 2003-05.

Now I've just got to find a low mileage engine that won't break the bank. :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks