• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atomic

Hello from South West GA. Anybody in or around a 150 mile area of Albany, GA? Thanks for the great site and all the info that is posted daily. No, I do not own a MV but I joined because I will soon. I am learning and gathering a bunch of knowledge before I go and do something stupid. Thanks in advance for all the assitance and for putting up with my dumb questions that are sure to follow.

Respectfully,

RTH

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Addiction Support Group.....Our motto "we don't need no stinking twelve step program".

SS member Sandcobra works at the Marine Corp Logistics Base in Albany.....Papa Bear and the CAMO crew are in Columbus.

Papa Bear is a good troop as long as he is on his meds:cookoo:.

He oversees a nice collection of MV's at his Motor Pool.

Do not miss the GA Rally coming up in Oct.......if you are not there we will talk about you around the campfire. There is a link to it under "Events".

It would be a good place to check out a lot of different MV's and there are usually some for sale.

I am learning and gathering a bunch of knowledge before I go and do something stupid.
You would not be alone in that situation.....ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

Atomic

Thanks to all. Currently and by that I mean last Monday I found a M211 in a town 20mins south of me. I don;t know if it's for sale but when I peeked into the cab I saw a For Sale sign with a phone number. An uneducated guess would be decent condition for a 60 year old MV. It's still painted OD green and has mis-matched XLs all around. Passenger front window has been smashed by a rock (rock laying next to the window). I know, I know...........nopics

I have been drooling over the rally ever since I read about here and I have just about exhausted all the youtube stuff I can on duces, M37, M715, and tons of other M series vehicles. I would love to go and at this point I have been making the plans to do so.

Sandcobra you say...??? How would get in touch with this person???

Again thanks to all and please be patient as I figure out all the little buttons and links of this site.

Respectfully,

RTH

Atomic

Sweet thanks for that. I'll try and post some pics of the M211 and get the recations from the experts on Monday.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sandcobra you say...??? How would get in touch with this person???
Go to Search and type in his screen name.....when one of his postings pops up click on his avatar.....it will give you options as to how to send him a message......use Private Message.

Send him a PM with your contact info.....he should PM or call you back.....he is a good troop...he has helped out several members with issues at the MCLB at Albany.

sandcobra164

Nice to meet Russ today. I got the opportunity to show him my deuces and help answer alot of questions he had about this hobby / addiction. We did a quick walk around and PMCS, found yet another flat on my trophy Deuce (4th one in 8 months), checked the Artic Deuce and he drove it around the block. I think he'll be around here for a while, he seemed to really enjoy the old trucks. He may ask some questions on here but in my opinion, he's just trying to make an informed decision as far as purchasing and enjoying the good times.

Joseph