• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

richingalveston

1008 looks good for 4k

The 1008 looks pretty good for 4k. They may have butchered the wiring harness but that could be replaced.
If it is close enough to you I would go look at it.

If you are going to buy one, you have to start looking at them every chance you can so you will have a better idea of the market.

Take into consideration the cost of delivery it if it is not local.
My biggest thing I look at is body rott.
Everything else can be replaced or rebuilt.

GreggVA

ReidC - I am just a couple steps along the trail that you are getting ready to take. I went through the same thought process and I ended up finding a good deal from the Classified Ads on this forum. I got a good deal and met a really good guy in the process! I purposely was not looking for one in tip-top shape as it is not my daily driver and gives me a chance to learn.

I have bought things from GL before and I would definitely recommend inspecting before purchasing if tossing a couple grand away bothers you.

Best of luck!