• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbiee in need of urgent help with reo fuel problem

YOUNGANTM52

hi im new to steel soldiers and im in need of urgent help,i picked up my 5ton reo tractor unit, the truck cuts out on idle and also has fuel in the oil sump, can anyone give me any advice as i havent got alot of experience with them?????

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you might want to read the 211 series tms, tm9-2320-211-x,y, or z (m39 series trucks)

You can find the TMs here
UPDATED LIST
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Technical Manuals - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
OR
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
MilitaryTrucks.ca - M135 Deuce Truck ---Canadian trucks
OR
america1 --Military Radios
OR
500 Free U.S. Military Manauls Survival Ebooks Info Center
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

Stan Leschert

Pull your fuel pump. You probably have a bad gasket.

As for cutting out on idle, plugged jets, float valves .....

Report back and post pics.

The old rubber does not like sitting, and the Ethanol (current) fuels, eats older rubber.

Pictures, of the truck, power plant and all Data Plates will help...
and a more concise rundown of the simptoms will help us to point you in the right direction.

dmetalmiki

Antoni's truck is fitted with a multifuel engine. He is swatting the tms and the s.s. site for help and tuition.
Seems (according to his father) that the oil sump is diluted bad! and there is a fuel leak from underneath the fuel pump.
I advised them it could be the fuel shut off seal? or the F.D.C.? and also (or and) the pre start ingiter system?
It is a very nice truck, He had problems posting the pictures.

YOUNGANTM52

i will find a cable and get pictures on asap,i have a hard time working onit as i work in west london 8-6 and the truck is currently in the hertfordshire area,so it can take time, i got the truck back to london from wales on saturday night and it seemed to run very well apart from the cutting out on idle. The previous owner of the truck said it is difficult to start once hot.... she failed on the M1 due to some ignaramous jackass cutting my dad up in traffic, the truck cranked for roughly 20-40 seconds before firing. i will be at the truck tomorow and ill take photos and videos,

thanks