• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie's First Post

Hogwaller

Roger that, DavidWymore. Will go to air once I locate a T-136-27 air unit. Currently has T-136-21. Tires are all 9.00-20 8-ply (in reply to 98G). In reply to GICaines, 18" aft of steering box frame shows three lines top to bottom (1) 22-2793-L (2) July 14-66 (3) 7529034. Pic attached. I can't decode those numbers. Triple-posted frame picture in case of shadows.
I've got the exact same numbers on my M35a2. Everyone that I speak with indicate that there should be a Serial number stamped in the frame. I have yet to find it! My truck was "rust proofed" in 1991, resulting in a thick undercoating on the frame that is hard to remove and likely covers the serial number.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hog, my Deuce is an 1971 M35A2C, your frame number should be on the frame right behind the left hand front tire. Use very light sand paper or paint stripper. Just checked mine, it's still there. Should match the number on your dash ID plate. Hard to see in this pic but it's there, in front of the long bolt.DSCF2520.JPG

DavidWymore

I've got the exact same numbers on my M35a2. Everyone that I speak with indicate that there should be a Serial number stamped in the frame. I have yet to find it! My truck was "rust proofed" in 1991, resulting in a thick undercoating on the frame that is hard to remove and likely covers the serial number.
My earlier post was incorrect. The truck’s serial number will be further forward closer to the spring hanger.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My earlier post was incorrect. The truck’s serial number will be further forward closer to the spring hanger.
Dave, your correct. To narrow it down, it'll be between the steering box support bracket and the long bolt in the picture I posted. Here is a better picture.DSCF2522.JPG

HN6

The transfer case is sprag instead of air. Air transfer is the preferred variant.

You're in VA. I sent you a link you'll want to read. (Not a sales pitch).
will you send me the link if you still have it... thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks