• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newby from Missouri

militarytruckgirl

Hello. I am looking for some help. My fiance and I are new into this hobby. We are in the process of purchasing the truck in my photo album. I think it is a 1972 m123a1c? Please correct me if I'm wrong. When researching it appears that not a lot of these were made? It does have a winch.....please help me with this. What is the value of these vehicles or where could I find out? Please help me to understand. I have always had an interest in these vehicles.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
First off, welcome to the site. When buying big green Iron, I always start off offering scrap price. Usually negotiations go from there. The truck looks like its in pretty good shape. I wish you luck in getting it. Might want to do some searches for 10 tons here on sight, I think those are over-width and might need permits to run on the road.

gimpyrobb

Its a 123, not sure about the a1c part. That part will tell you what motor is in it. Do you know what motor it has?

gimpyrobb

The data plate on the dash would be your best bet. If you can find a vin, you might be able to post it and see what our members can find.

Sirblissfull

Welcome to the site!

The addiction!

The Mad house!

Then the poor house.

No matter the condition of that vehicle if you do not buy it someone on here will ask for the sellers contact information. I am betting someone is already scouring aerial survey information in your area trying to find the vehicles location.

There are not many 10 tons left especially not for sale that is a great find.

militarytruckgirl

Thanks everyone. I will get the number off of the dash and let you know. I really appreciate it. Looking up information on all of this can get addicting!! It is a lot of fun.

militarytruckgirl

Well, the reason why we got is is because we have two small boys who think that this was soooo cool! We wanted to get it for them to sit in and pretend play for awhile! What a great toy to have!!!! As far as scouring the areas.....I would hope that no one would step on toes.:cry: It is ours though, we just haven't brought it to our home yet.

Sirblissfull

I doubt anyone would step on your toes trying to get it out from under you.

Just if you decided NOT to buy it.

We have 4 children 3 boys one little devil my wife swears is a girl. We bought a M820A2 and a M820 after my wife insisted a M109 was not enough space for a camper conversion.

My plan was mostly to leave her home with the kids while I went fishing/hunting. I think she suspected the truth and vetoed my escape plan out of spite.

The kids do love the trucks though.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings, Always good to have another member from the Show Me State! Wish I could help you , but I'm still learning about my M35 and M37. Good luck, Ron

MorbidMiss

He's already left me at home with the kids for several road trips. I am about ready to leave him home with the kids while I go to the Springs for a week and sleep in a nice Hotel with no one to wake me all night.

Will you be running the truck or just having it for playing on?

gunboy1656

First off welcome. You sure picked one of the biggest toys for a playground. as was mentioned the truck is over width (with the outer wheels on).

If you want to learn more check out the threads by dirt71.Think he has rebuilt more 10 ton trucks then I thought existed, and very detailed.

militarytruckgirl

I know what you mean about leaving them home and going to a hotel and sleep ALL through the night. My 19 month old little girl still thinks that it is so wonderful to get up in the middle of the night!:shock: Anyways, I think that the women are entitled to some alone time and trips! Or just a night alone with the man works too! Take care.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks