• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newby from Missouri

KsM715

Talk about jumping in with both feet! Most of us start off with something small and they get bigger from there. Cant wait to see what you buy next.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome, I think I was at the estate sale/auction when that sold in July 09. They stuck batteries in it and it fired right. Too big for me

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow!!! Thats a whole lotta truck! Do you buy it by the pound or by the foot?

Welcome and remember, we won't talk you out of the addiction!

rick

AMGeneral

Welcome to the site from NC,ya'll definetly started out with a bigger truck,just a few facts about 10 tons....

115 inches wide,gotta have permits to drive em.
1400X24 tires,no longer avialiable,at least not road legal ones,unless you want to pay $1000+ each.
Expect no more than 3 to 4 mpg bobtailed,with a top speed of 43 mph wide open.
unless it has been modified,it has straight air brakes,No air=no brakes.
Non synchro transmission with a shifting range designed for a gas engine,not easy to shift.

it takes 166 gallons of fuel at a fill up or $580 at current prices.
because they were not a common as smaller trucks,parts are much harder to find.

Definetly a M123A1C with the later style exhaust,probably has the Williams brake(exhaust brake) installed on it,it'll be either a Mack or CONDEC manufacture.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello. I am looking for some help. My fiance and I are new into this hobby. We are in the process of purchasing the truck in my photo album. I think it is a 1972 m123a1c? Please correct me if I'm wrong. When researching it appears that not a lot of these were made? It does have a winch.....please help me with this. What is the value of these vehicles or where could I find out? Please help me to understand. I have always had an interest in these vehicles.
Congratulations-I always enjoyed the times as a child that my Father and I worked on his Chevelle.

You guys have started at the very top of the Military vehicle hobby........ in terms of size. The M123/M125 series of trucks can be very expensive to maintain and operate, for reasons several of the posters have already elaborated on.

You definitely want to research them all you can, as they have some peculiarities that operators may not be familiar with. Their air brakes aren't the modern safety style, the transmission requires some practice to smoothly use, etc.

I would simply start in the 5 ton section of Steel Soldiers and read every thread that pertains to the 10 tons. After that, you should have a good idea of what to look for or be aware of.

Welcome to the site. We hope you enjoy the military vehicle hobby!

Last edited:

91W350

Welcome from Kansas. I may have access to four tires in decent shape if you need some in s bad way. They are old and hard but decent. Glen