• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newby question

91W350

Sort of, most truck have open differentials, so if you could hang opposing duals in the air, most of them would spin the airborne tires. Like the right front rear and left rear duals. There are some trucks with lockers. The rear suspension is very well designed and quite flexible. It is almost impossible to hang a dual in the air. Set your truck on wood blocks on one side and try to drive it off.

I would like to install a locker, but cannot decide which rear axle to go with. I do not use it hard enough to justify the added tire expense and cost of the locker. Eventually, I will do it.....

Akicita

When you make a tight turn on paved ground you can actually feel the rear differentials fight each other in a typical truck with ten wheels. These trucks were built to go just about anywhere including on soft ground.