• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newest arrival

Smokinyoda

I had a great 4 day weekend, used the time off to make a 600 mile round trip to bring home deuce number 2. You guys weren't kidding when you said this hobby was addictive!

Thanks to MO MV man I am the proud owner of a bobbed 1965 Kaiser M35A2 w/whistler turbo. I was always a traditionalist until I saw how his turned out. Instead of putting on a trailer bed he chopped the deuce bed 3 feet. He did a very good job, everything looks factory. He even chopped the troop seats so they are still funtional. The 46" Michelin 395 XML's on modified HEMTT wheels completes the look.

This thing has so much more power than my other one, I was able to accelerate uphill, and turning is a breeze.
Thanks Bill!:beer:

Now to add a winch...:mrgreen:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! I prefer the filleted deuce bed over the 105 bed but I don't let the driveshaft dictate axle placement. I move the rear axle back 6" beyond the center of the bed.

T

televisionman007

Sounds like you need at least one more trailer. You should never have more trucks than trailers!
hey kenny u r right my friend, i just remembered i have a dorscy trailer as well but nothin to pull it with, Darn wheres an 818 cheapppppp but once i do get a 818 ill be right back to more trucks then trailers,,,, uggggggh[thumbzup]

Smokinyoda

Those large tires are the way to go. I can do 60 on the speedo, which is 66 on gps, and still turn less than 2500 rpm.:driver:
Kinda fast for a 40 year old truck with single circuit brakes so I keep it around 50 on the speedo, better mpg that way and lower rpm's on that old engine.:cool:

I am in the process of transplanting a winch now and will post pics when done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks