• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newly acquired deuce

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats RAT4SPD!!

I just want to say congrats to my lil brother Dave on his new deuce! I sent him pics of the M109 last week and he caught the fever! Told him about GL, the ups the downs etc. A few days ago he was telling me all about a Gen Set that he kinda wanted, but he got out bid already. He picked out a nice M35 and M109 from Camp Dodge and until 20 minutes to go he was high bidder on both trucks. While I was making parts requests, he got outbid on the M35. Shortly after the M109 fell. He quickly decided to go after the M35 and dropped another bid.......................

Wait for it.............................

On the Gen Set!! LOL !!!

No I'm not laughing at you bro!!! Ok I am!

With the Gen Set won, his deuce auction went into overtime and he went back into battle. He spent a couple bucks more than he planned, but I sure got a good laugh out of it!!

Attachments

Last edited:

rat4spd

Gotta love the brutal honesty of your brother. But thanks. I think a recon trip is in order next wednesday, but first, I think I'll wash a little of that remorse down with some Iowa grown ethanol, of which flavor I really don't care at the moment. But hey, I got the truck.

Wait, it's got a MEP003 in the back......I thought I paid less for this truck than that honey, I must've got carried away.....look they threw a gen set in on the deal.

rat4spd

Pics of the 003, Now where is that TM?

OK, for those of you that need a good laugh........When you are bidding on three things at once, and you are outbid on your MAX bid on an item......make sure when you pump up the bid on another item that you are actually bidding on what you thought you were bidding on. When the bidding started to get going and the M35 was low, and my bid was low, I submitted a bid for the M35, but accidently bid on the Genset. Needless to say, there was someone that wanted it real bad, but I didn't want it $50 more than he did......looks like I got it anyway.

I repostured and got the correct bid on the M35 though and won it.......How to explain this to my wife.....

I'm so bummed, being laughed at doesn't bother me.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where else but SS can two brothers 1900 miles apart get together in chat and laugh and cheer while winning MVs?

rat4spd

Thanks guys. The bids were real low until 10 minutes or so before the end. Heck the two I was bidding on blew up in the last few minutes. I'm hopeful on the genset because it has the ASK enclosure. I'm still undecided on whether or not to keep it though. Depending on condition, I may just keep it.

There's definately lessons to be learned, but in the end I got the Deuce.

Green_gator

Guys I understand and it must be a Camp Dodge things. A couple of weeks ago my older brother was bidding on an M35 at Dodge and "lost it from my page" and went in to back up mode on a deuce in Arkansas. Long story short is he lives in Western Colorado and won one in Iowa and one in Arkansas. Good news is that the Arkansas deuce found a good home with a fellow Steel Soldier. That is a good looking truck and a nice gen set. Now you just need a trailer to haul the gen set.......