• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NG In New York State

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello to all,

I am new to SS, so a little about me. Retired MSgt (USAF) 2002. 20 years, 3 months, 17 days. Not that I counted. Currently own a M1009 for about 2 years, and waiting on M923 coming from GL next week. These are the vehicles I remember fondly from my time in Belgium in the GLCM program. I am blessed with a wife who indulges my craziness.......I have already learned more than I could have imagined from this site while waiting for my truck. Has air problem, so I will need to work on that first, but price was right, so here goes! I currently live in the NE but spend alot of time on the road, territory is everything east of the Mississippi, so will be trying to time "business" with events up and down the east coast. Looking forward to the experiences!

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and good luck with your new ride. Make sure you make the MTA show in April its a good time.:beer: Lots of good deals.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so "Big Joe" is home. Got it off the truck with a little bit of work. Spring brakes were on, just as GL stated, no air pressure. The boy came over (Fleet diesel mechanic!) and we played around. Hooked up shop air and found a few small leaks on the glad hands but took care of those. Brakes worked perfect with full tanks of shop air. Checked the output line on the compressor, seemed to be making air.......but won't build over 20 PSI. Went to bleed off the tanks, and the wet tank drain is full of oil. Our prognosis is the rings in the compressor, so gonna be looking for one of these. Overall, happy with the truck so far, very little rust visible so far. Any body have any additional thoughts on the air system?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks