• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NH MV Titling: wish me luck :(

austin931a2

Today is the day I try to register my 931a2.... I've been trying to buy this truck since high school now I finally got it, changed all the fuel lines and she runs.

Problem:: I bought it from a used truck dealer that got it from auction, I paid him he said he would do up the papers and thank god he had a title!!!......... Wait....... Nope, three days later title can't be found along with any papers from the auction..... Great right?.... So I live in NH which is a non title state for vehicles older than 2000.

However, my town hall says they don't even have a listing for BMY/HARSCO and the vin number is nothing she has ever seen before.... No crap!!!... So she sent me back to verify the vin legally get the gvw and all other info like cost of the truck new.

I literally did not sleep at all last night, I love this truck and worked real hard to save up the 5k to buy it.... So I'm headed down to the truck to double check the frame vin number since my truck was rebuilt in 2005 right before it was auctioned in 2006 lol I got a brand new truck for 5k I'm pretty pleased with myself.

So I'm hoping for some luck out of this, I have a lot of bad luck I just want this one thing to go right. BTW I LOVE THIS PAGE!! it has been such a life saver to have all this info at my fingertips.

Thanks guys and I'll see some of you in Pennsylvania next year I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck, welcome to the site and I took the liberty of editing your post to make it more readable for all the old guys on the site.

(Yes, I'm one of them.)

therooster2001

DMV had issues with my VIN, as did insurance. It will probably take several times through to get it squared away. I think 3 months on my truck, and three times on my MKT. it will happen, be persistent and helpful. Know their rules and usually there are some options specifically for MV, age, and limited driving. Being a tractor, you might fall into commercial quicker. Might also use the map feature to directly contact members to see how they did it. Patience, and good luck!

austin931a2

Sorry about the grammar issue, I swear texting has ruined anything I learned in school. I'm trying to be extremely patient but I'm thinking I have a long road ahead of me but it's okay I have plenty of room to play in the snow with it this winter.

Thanks for the replies and again this page has been extremely helpful. My Girlfriend, son and I just wanna go play with this thing soon!

therooster2001

Suprman pointed out a good concept, out of state registration or at least different county registration can save time and headache. My county requires diesel emissions yearly, and where the truck lives, that county does not. I will be saving $144 a year, and less worrying about some yahoo rev'ing my truck on the Dyno beyond limits. just for moving it over to the next county. Stay legal, but know the options.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
VT is easy you can walk into dmv and walk out with antique reg on that truck in hand for 32 bucks plus tax. They will use your NH address they dont care there. Dont need the truck there dont need a verification although its a good idea to have a pic of the data plate with you just in case.

austin931a2

Suprman: that idea is interesting to me, I can be in Vermont in less than 2 hours so I'm going to keep that in mind for sure! I'll give my town hall the benefit today n see what they say.
My issue is in NH I can't legally drive it without a CDL unless it's registered to me so no dealer plates, temp or transport. So it's stuck at the dealership for now so I've seriously got my fingers crossed. I did everything she asked with 4 trips to the truck over an hour away.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
VT will issue a permanent reg in your name. Down the line you can transfer to NH. You dont need to bring the truck to VT to do it.

dmetalmiki

VT will issue a permanent reg in your name. Down the line you can transfer to NH. You dont need to bring the truck to VT to do it.
There you go, competent and posative advice, I would be jumping into my (small) car and buzzing down there to 'fulfill that dream'. Good luck. post up the positive result.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does not, but has never been rebuilt.

Also don't make the same mistake as I did, my vin is a seven digit with a slash after the second digit, that was stamped straight up and down and at quick glance appears to be a number 1.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry folks, looks like there are exceptions. I though we hashed this out in another thread and agreed that only the AM General trucks got frame stamps.
Regardless.
Both of mine, BMY/HARSCO, have frames stamped.
Other threads show this is nothing new for these.