• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NH MV Titling: wish me luck :(

Darth

I have a 1990 BMY M931a2, registered in NH. I will look and see what the numbers are on my reg for you.. my town clerk spend a little time on the fone to concord.
and so did the state office. I got a temp reg to get my truck home. than Had to have a NH Licensed Inspection station do a vin verification from the plaque on the dash. the sell should have included these numbers on the bill of sale. they filled out the form I went back to DMV and was able to get a registration. after a couple more fone calls.. they will not give you a title until your truck is old enough to be considered antique.. 6x6recon@gmail.com if I can help you further. then I will give you my number ..Ralph

Jeep Nasty

If you want to go the NH route, you can do it, but you will need to arm yourself with a little knowledge and be prepared to explain it to your town hall. While NH does not require a title for vehicles of a certain age, it does require a title for anything with 3 or more axles. If your bill of sale and data plate shows 1990 or older, you can register as an antique and at that time you can apply for an antique title from the state of NH. You will need your bill of sale and a completed NH VIN verification form (TDMV 19A). With your completed VIN verification form and bill of sale you should be able to register at you town hall. You may have to finish registration process at DMV after town hall to get your antique plates. Unless it is old enough to be antique in NH, you need SF-97 or other title to get new title in NH, it is impossible to get any other way.

Your bill of sale or paperwork will need to show.

Year
Make Mine usually say BMY Harsco / AM General you may need to explain that BMY was under contract of AM General at the time of contract.
Axle
Fuel
Color
GVW

Now a question they will ask is what they original purchase price of the vehicle was? If you get all cocky and say well the government paid 100k for it and I bought it for 5k you will be paying the price every time you register because NH bases registration fees based off of "MSRP" depreciated at a 5 year maximum and they first time you register the VIN with DMV that MSRP will stick with that VIN for life now and they will value at 100k MSRP. Now there is no MSRP in a book they can look up, so I usually use an "MSRP" of 25k.

Where are you in NH?

The dealer should be able to fill out VIN verification form or LEO will have to. LEO not familiar with these truck may refuse to sign if no VIN on frame.

CMPPhil

Hi

It is possble to register a MV in NH that has no engine or serial number, it just takes time and filling all the forms and going through all the hoops. One of my CMPs had no serial numbers at all but being over 50 years old that didn't seem to matter they (State DMV) just kept saying have it checked by inspection station, OK did that and my friendly garage guy came out to the shop agreed no serial number, put that on the form. DMV then said well have the police check it, called chief he came to the shop looked at the truck agreed no serial number. Then DMV sent one of thier officers down to the shop he agreed no serial number and got out a State of New Hampshire seirial sticker and issued the truck a serial number. Then I was able to register the truck.

On each occasion I had to show the individual looking for the number where it should be, easy as I have two other CMPs but also printed material showing where the should be.

One suggestion I have for anybody buying or selling a MV take a picture of the truck and if possible of the seirial number and print them on to a simple bill of sale for the MV along with all the other information as suggested above. This seems to work and makes the town clerk and DMV happy. Seems to help them understand why it is not in the computer.

Cheers Phil

PS Did later find the engine seial number on the engine it just was not stamped where it should have been.

austin931a2

Alright so I've been very busy with this....... So the truck is a 91 so I'm completely screwed until next year. Problem with registering as an antique is that I'm going to be hauling a lowbed trailer for "personal use", I wonder if I can get the antique title then 're-register it as a comm plate??

I'm in Wakefield NH I'm going to be bringing the old girl home today so I'll get some good pics. It's been sitting ten years so she's got some surface rust here n there but it's so clean underneath I'm used to rusty stuff here in nh.

Ohh btw they told me pretty much if I don't get the sf97 form I can never register it in my state. However I didn't ask about the antique plates. I'm extremely frustrated, hoping I don't get pulled over driving it on my buddy's dealer plate...... Ugggh

Jericho

I live in NH and register MVs all the time there is no issue, Ask the clerk to use the category of "OTHER" on her terminal, its not a matter of them giving you a hard time, many times the clerk simply hasn't done MVs before. I have 5 trucks and five trailers registered now in one of the smallest towns in the state , our town clerk is only open one hour one day a week , Its not hard , if all else fails call Concord DMV or if In the north country call Twin MOuntain DMV , I know of at least 10 registered now with no issues . I currently have two M 561 Gama Goats registered and believe me ConDec isnt a listed manufacturer , in fact dual registered as a truck and boat

austin931a2

We were on the phone with the dmv trying to register it, anyone that can register this thing for me n get me a title I will pay $1000 but it needs to be registered commercial and then sell it back to Me in a bill of sale

Jericho

There is no need to register commercial, Unless you plan to use it commercially in a business, Size and weight can put you in the commercial category, BUT , you can elect to register as "personel use" of course then you cant use it for commercial haulage, you wouldn't want to any way , its just not a cost effective commercial hauler. and DMV can only complete your reg AFTER you have got you initial reg done in the town you reside in. If your vin verification is complete and given the year of your truck , there is no issue, IF your town clerk cant/ wont complete the reg and fee, consult with DMV customer service, if that doesn't work get an appointment , THe Twin Mountain Office is walk in , usually not busy and have done many of these, if your still having trouble , contact your DISTRICT Govenors Counselor, They are usually happy to assist and will get the wheels greased . If you still cant get it done, call me , ill buy it at a reasonable price, all ways looking for another one (be careful what you offer to pay for , paying to get a reg done to circumnavigate a state requirement is a crime .)its called a straw registration, although common , not legal

austin931a2

It's for sale...... It's coming home today, I'm done with this. I'll just keep playing with my cucv's and call it a day until I can afford a newer freightliner. Only thing truck needs is a air leak fixed for the tire inflation and the fan temp sender leaks air. Going to get it now

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that's the case I would back out on buying it. This hould not be a problem if the seller did not live up to his end of the bargain of having a title

austin931a2

If that's the case I would back out on buying it. This hould not be a problem if the seller did not live up to his end of the bargain of having a title

It's too late, he seen me coming Shame on me I guess. If I can't sell it I got 400 acres of rock crawling trails I will bash it on.... Sucks people can't be honest it woulda hauled my rock crawlers very well, but I'll get a newer one freightliner style some day

Jericho

if you want to keep it take up hellmutt on his offer, register it as an Rv hauler , no CDL needed, Check NH CDL requirements, no commercial registration needed , watch you claim of Max vehical weight and purchase cost , good luck ! it can be done!!!

Jeep Nasty

Just wait it out if you got a good deal and be a little patient, get it home do some safety checks and PM services on it to make sure its safe to be on the road, get a temp registration from DMV which just requires a bill of sale that will last you 20 days. By then you will almost be into 2017 so you can register as an antique and apply for the antique Title. Once you have the antique title in hand 6-8 weeks later, you can go back to town hall and register it however you want with the title you received from DMV. I have gotten title on a few of my 5-ton trucks having no SF-97 or previous title in NH. Just do the right paperwork and be a little patient.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks