• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Cummins Oil Pump

armytruckdiesel

Checked the oil pressure for a second time with a different gauge on my M812 NHC250 Cummins. The oil pressure bounces all around from 41 to 27psi. Mainly shows around 30 psi but when rpm increases the oil pressure actually decreases. I'm thinking I have a bad relief in my oil pump. My question is where do I find a good oil pump as a new unit is $3,305 from a supplier on the internet which seems outrageous. Does anyone have a good oil pump or know of a MV outlet that has some available? Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Andy

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact John Winslow (252-883-2509). He's got at least two low mileage (but stuck) NHC250 motors that I know of. You could probably get a take-out fairly cheaply. He might even have an NOS oil pump for all I know. That's who I'd check with first.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the suction tube for being hard/brittle. It sounds like it's taking air. If the regulator was stikcing, the pressure would still go up with engine RPM, it would just seem a little slower than normal. BTW, those pumps are completely rebuildable. Buy the parts and do it yourself. It's very easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks