• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 fuel pump filter #

catskillpond

Have to go to NAPA for parts does anyone know if there is a part number for the filter mine is on top by governor older model. If not I will go to Cummins dealer thanks Scott

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no ties to either vendor but on epay is another source 1/2 the crazy price everyone else is charging for this simple filter.

I have purchased from them before other items and no problems: equipment parts sales in PA

search 146483

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I get mine from the local truck parts place here in town. That was the easy way for me to show that filter. If anyone remembers the thread I did after changing 4 of my truck PT filters. Yes they can be cleaned but getting the screen cap back on and cleaning it was faster to spend 10 bucks. Two out of the 4 did have fine hair like stuff in there and the other 2 were pretty clean. Would the hair decrease performance I don't think so but every truck is different. There is no harm knowing the condition of any filter so I say check it/ replace,or clean and you should be good.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not need to mess with that "filter". The ONLY reason it is there is to catch debris from an internal pump failure so the pump pieces don't go into the injectors. It is not a maintenance thing.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I agree that it's better to leave this filter alone unless you've pinpointed it as a problem, I did find a quantity of these in a surplus lot yesterday. PM me for purchase details if you feel you want/need one. They're original military surplus if that matters to you.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But is the most simple to check or replace. I wish I could find the thread where I showed how much stuff was in 2 out of the four I checked. The stuff in mine was hair like stuff an must have came from the outer fuel filter. Know your machine and weapon better than what's for dinner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks