• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Injectors

DW818

Was wondering if there was a way to test a set of old cummins non top stop injectors with out special tools or testing equipment...I've read through the TM's and obviously don't have access to the equipment they specify to use...The reason why I ask is that I recently had a brand new injector hang closed and I still have the full set of the old injectors I removed...Any tips or tricks for cleaning,inspecting and "back yard" testing the old ones to see if they would be fit to use again would be a great help...Thanks again.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it is most likely a crude test but I have tested if your injection holes are open by having fuel in the injector lift the plunger up and let it fall and some fuel will squirt out but it does not let u in on the quality of the holes (like if the holes are washed out) just lets u know they are open. The only real good test that I know of is to have the injectors tested with the equipment meant for testing.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take them to a shop and have them done correctly. You will be glad you did.

DW818

Thats what I figured..unfortunately there are no shops around me that deal with rebuilding or testing them...they just want to exchange them...Hopefully they just get me a replacement because of the warranty...considering they were brand new with little to no run time on them.