• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 needs more power

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old trick is air first then fuel. Since you are not going that way for now may I say a nonover drive trans. will help. They are not cheap eather.

tiny110

Banned
Really 1200? I have heard about these motors pistons melting and collapsing. Something about the pistons not being cold like they are in the multifuel.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed the trans. out of a 5 ton mulitfuel and I can tell the differance with the 53's on the bobber. Just have to get use to the different shift pattern.lol

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The piston coolers have little effect on EGT . The main thing piston coolers do is control the expansion differences between the aluminum pistons and steel cylinders. What happens is the pistons tend to bind in the cylinder if the the heat gets too high.

I had a oil squirter break off on my '98 Dodge Cummins (they are plastic). The result was a damaged piston and cylinder on the number 6 hole. That little piece of $2 plastic cost me $3K. I've got the broken squirter hanging on the shop wall. I call it my $3,000 piece of plastic. It's just a reminder that a small item such as this or a o-ring or something can cause a catastrophic failure of a costly piece of machinery. Modern engines have many of these items.

tiny110

Banned
I will have my truck in the shop tomorrow checking fluids and getting greased up 4 my trip to go pick up my new flat bed. If I have the chance I'm going to try and turn the fuel up a couple of notches.

M813A1

Another thing you can do is Tee your fuel line from the PT to the front of your # 1 head to even out the fuel pressure in the heads that goes to the injectors !!

Barneyszoo

Yeah, NONE. Ditch the big cool tires. Wait 'till you have a front blow out. Those SUCK! I think 73M819 can attest to that. A front failure in a stock deuce has a pucker factor of 25+, can't imagine what a big asz tire like that would feel like. 2cents
Hey Wiil, hows that pucker factor compair to a deuce hill clime up to a mine??? lol that was quite a puckery day if I remember.:whistle:

tiny110

Banned
Well I got a chance to turn my fuel up today. I ended up at the half turn and never could tell a difference. So I got up to another half turn. And now every once in awhile I can tell a difference in the exhaust smoke. Before I turned it up you could not see any black coming out of the stack. Now I am getting a very light hayes. I dont have a egt yet. ( I'm looking for a good deal on ebay) Is one full turn a safe place to be or is it too much? Thanks for the help it was easier than I thought it would be.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes pyro! but if the black smoke is not rolling out while under a load or a heavy pull I guess to say your ok. Get pyro when messing with fuel.
She should let out a little smoke when rpm are on the low then should run clear as you get up to higher rpm.

tiny110

Banned
Okay so I have been playing with the screw on the injection pump. It doesn't seem to matter whether I turn the screws in 2 full turns in from original spec or 2 full turns out from original specs the power is staying the same. And I also just change my fuel filter last week. So that's not it.

Any ideas?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you turn the fuel up a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) engines, you won't gain much but more smoke. You really need a turbo to have any noticeable gains.

Adding a turbo on NHC 250 comes with it's on problems also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks