• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC-250 Stuck pistons

5_TON_TOMATOE

O K- Well, now I've got some issues. Pulled the top end off after trying to lever open some valves, and some were stuck. 3 cylinders have rust and corrosion in them. No coolant that I can tell. Contaminated fuel, or just humidity in the air and sitting? Any thoughts, or has anyone had this issue before? Figure I better do liners, pistons, and rings at least, but pistons are stuck real good to liners. How should I go about removing these guys? Thanks

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I wouldn’t even waste the time rebuilding a wheezing 250, not worth it IMO. Source a complete running 300, 400 or even a Shiny 290 and set it in. You’ll actually have piston coolers then, a turbo, more power and it’ll add value to the truck especially if you find an engine with Jakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crf450x

O K- Well, now I've got some issues. Pulled the top end off after trying to lever open some valves, and some were stuck. 3 cylinders have rust and corrosion in them. No coolant that I can tell. Contaminated fuel, or just humidity in the air and sitting? Any thoughts, or has anyone had this issue before? Figure I better do liners, pistons, and rings at least, but pistons are stuck real good to liners. How should I go about removing these guys? Thanks
Can you not just knock the liners out while the pistons are stuck in them?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just hammer with a good long round bar from the bottom up and out.

I have an actual liner puller.

Just drop acetone/atf in the cylinders for a few days and let it work. Piston will knock out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks