• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC Cummins 855 priming oil system??

armytruckdiesel

We are finishing up the main and rod bearing project finally and will be installing a different oil pump this weekend. Is there a way to prime the lube system to help with a dry start? I plan on taking the drain plug out of the oil filter housing and positioning it on the upper side so I can fill the oil filter full of oil prior to starting the system. Any other tricks?
thanks for your help.
Andy

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the wire off of the coil on the fuel pump. Crank it 'till you have o/p...might take a couple of crank sessions, but it will eventually pick it up.

bcowanwheels

Wrong.......... Remove the oil pressure line on the driver side of engine block. Then hookup a remote oil resivour ( i made mine ) pressureize it with air pressure (10-25 psi ) and blow the entire amount of oil in the engine that it requires. Mine held 10 gallons. Immediatly go to engine starting. Engine will be as if it has just been shut off.....
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks