• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC oil cooler repair

powerhouseduece

Well it happned to me. I went to install a block heater on my truck and when I drained the coolant it came out jet black. I was praying it was only a little oil in the coolant but was way wrong. It puzzled me at first cause the coolant in the tank was still green, and the rad was black. I changed the oil 500 mi ago and the oil was still amber color and not milky or black. Anywho I started ripping the oil cooler apart and the cooler looked ok (my motor has 5k mi. on it since rebuild) but im not taking a chance and replacing everything. The O-ring's were harder then woodpecker lips so that seems that could be a issue. The gaskets on the block looked ok.

I got another member to lookup the part #'s from cummins (thanks JakeLC15)and see if there still good #'s and see if he could get me a discount. All the #'s in the TM checked out (thanks WillWagner) and parts are on the way.

1st pic, yea thats right, that was my coolant!
2ed pic, part #'s on the cooler
3rd pic, cooler off the block
4th pic, laptop on the truck while on SS! lol

Attachments

Last edited: