• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nhc250 Fuel in Coolant-Worn nozzle, packing, or cup?

Kalashnikov

I'm getting lots of fuel in my coolant. which of these is the culprit- the injector nozzle, packing or cup? Would that be #11,12, or 17 in Fig30? Or is it just the orings? What's the best way to find the faulty injector(s) besides finding a cold/cooler cylinder? Should I just rebuild the whole injector while I'm at it? Kit AR51522 will have everything I should need, correct? Any special tools (besides a puller to get the injectors out)?

Thanks! :beer:

augiedoggy

Not sure on your fuel/coolant issue, but I've pulled injectors with hose pliers to grasp the injector and it comes right out. I'm sure any pliers would work. The Guru of all things Cummins, Will Wagner is your best asset for your troubles.
Good luck! 2cents

Attachments

Kalashnikov

Ok, so apparently it's the injector sleeve which should be repair according to TM 9-2320-260-34-1 Section 3-79. INJECTOR SLEEVE MAINTENANCE (PG 276).

What causes this issue?

M813A1

Could it possible that you are getting oil in your coolant instead of fuel ??? If so I would look at the oil cooler could be leaking ??

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are o-rings between the head casting and the copper. Sometimes they get hard and flat, OR , they get erroded from poor cooling system maintenence, OR, the head was "rebuilt" and the guy that installed the new injector sleeve didn't install it correctly. If the leak is at the top or bottom, there are tools available to re seat the bottom of the sleeve and re roll the top, sometimes that works. If there are holes eaten in the middle, an exchange head is in your future, These can't be done in chassis. The new sleeve needs to be installed so the injector protrusion is correct. The only way to do that is with the head removed.

A small heel bar works good to remove the injector.

Fuel will be whitish and engine oil will be black when it gets in the radiator.

Kalashnikov

Well I pressurized the cooling system and I didn't see any leaks in the cylinders.

One of my injectors had the tip on the nozzle worn off when I pulled them last time. I'm going to have them tested/rebuilt.

When I was taking everything apart this time the bolts holding the plates that hold the injectors were very loose and weren't even holding the plates tight against the injectors on the back 4 cylinders. I used a torque wrench for all of the bolts so idk whats up with that.

My phone died so I lost you number Will, but this is good info for everyone.

Alex
(five)o8-(six)62-(one)41(nine)

Ord22

you said the inj tip was worn off. do you mean the inj tip came off or tip was worn from being too loose? if it came of, you need to look at your turbo wheel and make sure the wheel is not torn up because of the tip going thru there. you also said that the inj were loose. its a possiblity that the inj cup could be out of round because of all the beating that inj did to the cup. re check the cups to make sure the cups aren't out of round. i seen this happen too many times and will cause compression in the fuel system, which will cause low power.

Last edited: