• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 Oil Cooler

Gamagoat1

The TM says to assemble the oil cooler you must align the manufacturer'e index marks. Cool, I have one mark (0) on the housing nothing on the element.
Now what? Anybody indexed their oil cooler lately?
Cummins says the older models didn't have to but the manual says do it. It's an 89 so it's not that old.
Any ideas???????????/

oil cooler

Mike,
We took off our oil cooler about 10 months ago on our NHC250 in our M812. It was clocked wrong by the military at some point causing a restriction which wouldn't allow the oil pressure to build up as the RPM's increase. Let me see what I can find for you as I have the info from Cummins. They had to dig a bit to get it for me as the NPower guys in MSP aren't working on NHC's everyday as you can imagine. Make sure you get the new brass rings, etc. from Cummins. I won't be able to scan anything until I got back to work on Monday for you.
Andy

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a manual...but it is also at work. If Andy doesn't get an image for you, I most likely can. You have to look hard sometimes. The mark is there, but most of the time it is very poorly done and very faint.

Gamagoat1

Thanks Will,
I took it to Rocky Mountain Cummins and they couldn't see it. There is a ding in the edge but it doesn't look factory. There are also some marks like " ( " on both ends in the same area.

timgc78

Hello gentlemen, I'm about to install an oil cooler on my m813 nhc Cummins. Is there anything I need to know to get it back together correctly?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks