• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nice HOT shower

M1009

Hey guys, I am putting this project together - have done a TON of research on this - and i think i can do it better than anything i can buy.

I am going to be able to take a HOT shower by using the coolant of the radiator and some military style engineering. Not only should it look cool, but will be functional , reliable, and cost less than any off-road shower system i have seen. I have bought most all of the parts for it laid them out and labeled them for you to see - as i put it all together this weekend i will take pictures and post them, wish me luck!:beer:

Attachments

That will work.....Very similar to On-Board showers used in the offroad 4 wheeling world.

On problem had with these systems is when you shut the water off (if using from a limited supply) what is in your heat exchanger usually gets scalding, then you get bursts of scalding water when turning the water on.

Just keep that in mind.

I use the eccotemp on my duece and a water tank, others out their are zodi hot water. All propane driven.

Here is an interesting concept on a build your own scenerio:
On Board Shower

Attachments

dunedigger

That's pretty cool. Looks like it's all based off the efficentcy of the heat exchanger. Do you have any more info on that part?

M1009

Yes its made by Alfa Laval and the numbers on it are TK 2c25411g01 - CB14-10HS R16 ?

not sure what the numbers mean but it has 10 plates an the dimensions are 8"L x 3"W x 1.5" thick and it uses 3/4" fittings. search on Ebay - the thicker the unit the more heat retention.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will work.....Very similar to On-Board showers used in the offroad 4 wheeling world.

On problem had with these systems is when you shut the water off (if using from a limited supply) what is in your heat exchanger usually gets scalding, then you get bursts of scalding water when turning the water on.

Just keep that in mind.

I use the eccotemp on my duece and a water tank, others out their are zodi hot water. All propane driven.

Here is an interesting concept on a build your own scenerio:
On Board Shower
We had a similar situation with a Zodi Hot tap. Our solution was to rig a return pipe to the water source. When we didn't want or need water we would put the nozzle down this pipe and it would go back to the tank.

M1009

As far as the scalding water you had mentioned - I am using a mixing valve, that should solve the problem and I haven't seen one any other system.

mixing will not solve the scalding issue if water is stopped. The water will continue to heat in the exchanger since the water is not moving....you will get a hot patch...now, the bypass idea, probably will work.

One time we used one of these systems, we didnt turn the water off but used 5 gallon buckets to capture the water and reuse it so we never stopped the water to the point the exchanger had non-moving water being overheated.

not saying your idea is bad, actually is real good, just one other circumstance to think about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks