• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Night Blind Mutt....

My Mutt has the front yellow marker lights, BO lights working but no headlights.
The Mutt's tail lights, red marker lights and BO lights do not work, but I have brake lights.
I haven't been able to check to see if any of those circuits are hot. The Highway Patrol pulled me over for running nearly blind. Being cool, he gave me a warning and for doing so I parked it at a nearby friend's house. Guess I have a early morning project for the weekend.
Thoughts guys???? Connection issue??? Any of these circuits share a common hot line??? HELP!!!
Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing from any and all!!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lower left light switch is not on "park" is it? That will turn your headlights off, and the front markers on.

Cheers

Wile E. Coyote

I've had a lot of those three-lever switches go, especially the variety that have Philips head screws retaining the lever itself by screwing into plastic. Basically, if you've pinched the Top and Right lever towards each other as far as they'll go (Service Drive) and the leftmost lever is all the way up - that should turn on headlights and taillights. If the top lever has a lot of play in it (sometimes a problem with the Left lever as well), there's a pretty good chance that it's pooched. Even if the lever has no play it might be pooched. Easiest way to check is by substitution, and that light switch is something you should have on hand as a spare anyway. I've also had the connector itself at the back of the lightswitch unscrew itself and make for some weird and wonderful intermittents. I'd start with that switch though.

Thanks Wiley, I've been playing with trying to chase it down today, connections etc. The only other thing it maybe, is the Mutt had just been transported across country on a flatbed trailer. The driver hit a lot of rain and some snow. I have condensation on the back sides of the gauge lenses. I know these things are suppose to be waterproof, but I'm thinking it still got some water into the wiring somewhere... I'll check the light switch, I'll have to get another one....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks